Starting a Arhritis Introspective Support Group begins with a genuine desire to make a difference for people living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases in your community. Our Outreach Relations Specialists (ORS) are valuable national volunteers representing Arthritis Introspective as they perform an integral role in facilitating our local AI Support Groups across the United States. Outreach Relations Specialists commit to leading a group for at least 2 years and usually spend 5-10 hours per month volunteering their time.
AI provides a self paced training program to provide new volunteers the skills to start and grow a support group in their community. Each ORS is provided a toolkit to set them up for success.
Outreach Relations Specialist (ORS)
The Outreach Relations Specialist is the face of Arthritis Introspective in their respective communities. The main function of the ORS is to plan and coordinate group meetings for AI participants. The ORS will need to host at least 6 meetings or events per year. They also host/plan at least 2 wellness education focused meetings per year. Commitment: At least 2 years.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate fun and engaging group meetings and social activities and events
- Promote, market and maintain a group that is supportive and a safe place to share thoughts, feelings and experiences
- Adds events to the main AI website
- Maintains a group mailing list through our Constituent Relationship Management software
- Reports on support group activities
- Communicates with the ORS Leadership Team, group participants, and prospective group participants
If you are interested in learning more about starting an AI Support Group in your community, please complete our online application. Our AI Community Support Network Director will follow up with you to discuss the position and requirements in greater detail.