Join Arthritis Introspective the nation’s only nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of young - and middle-aged adults living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases through wellness education, empowerment and support groups.
The primary responsibility this volunteer Administrative intern is to support functions of the Vice President / Support System Program Manager of Arthritis Introspective in various administrative projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Vice President/AI Support System Program manager to develop Support Group training materials/toolkit Assist in developing our programs using best and effective practices, evaluations, and compose organizational documents etc.
- Assist with the volunteer inquiry process which includes tracking and responding to volunteer inquiries from the Support Group Leader training program, and tracking/follow up on volunteers.
- Assist with establishing a virtual filing catalog system of documents
- Post, record, and distribute information on upcoming events
- Provide general data entry support related to statistics, scheduling and more
- Demonstrate a knowledge of social media, Microsoft office and other virtual/cloud based software or is willing to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Excellent organization skill
- High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong research skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Adobe Acrobat, CiviCRM and Google docs --preferred
- Pledge a six-month minimum of sustained volunteering
- Passion for grassroots organizing and impacting adults living with arthritis
This position is voluntary. Initially we will meet in West LA and then some tasks can be done virtually. Whether you join us as an expert or a novice, there are opportunities available to truly make a difference in our community. Leadership growth is encouraged. This is a great position for someone interested in building basic administrative skills and learning about the non-profit sector.
ABOUT ARTHRITIS INTROSPECTIVE: Arthritis Introspective, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, was established in December 2007 to serve young- and middle aged adults living with any form of arthritis and related rheumatic diseases. AI is 100% volunteer-driven organization patient led and relies solely on group fundraising efforts; individual, community and corporate grants; donations; and sponsorships.
Mission: The mission of Arthritis Introspective is to improve the lives of young- and middle-aged adults living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases through wellness education, empowerment, and support groups.
Vision: To ensure that people with any form of arthritis and rheumatic disease are empowered to not just survive with arthritis but thrive!
- To foster AI Support Groups for young- and middle-aged adults living with arthritis to help them overcome the physical and psychological challenges of severe chronic illness.
- To host the Annual National Gathering, a three-day conference focused on wellness, education, and empowerment for people and their loved ones from around the country.
- To provide arthritis information, empowerment, support, and networking opportunities through our website, www.arthritisintrospective.org.
We are a small, but quickly growing organization looking to expand our efforts in creating support systems groups across the US. Interns will provide substantial contributions to our organization’s growth and be truly integrated members of our team. We are looking for people who are flexible, proactive, responsible, and passionate.
If you are interested, please complete an APPLICATION.