Join Arthritis Introspective the nation’s only nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of young - and middle-aged adults living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases through wellness education, empowerment and support groups.
Do you enjoy storytelling and generating public interest? Arthritis Introspective is looking for creative, responsible, and outstanding volunteers to write for our E-Newsletter, website and possibly help with social media (Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn).
- Newsletter writers will write articles on topics related to our community issues or events and local Arthritis Introspective activities and volunteer profiles. Topics may be suggested by our board members or by volunteers.
- Your role will be to generate compelling and interesting content (articles, blogs, social media posts) through research and interviews.
- Ideally you would also curate new content for our website and social media on a weekly basis.
- Work collaboratively with the AI Support Group Program Manager and Marketing Manager.
- Newsletter editor would be responsible for formatting and publishing of the quarterly newsletter.
- Must have experience in marketing, design and technology.
- Excellent communication/writing skills and strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, able to use independent judgment and take initiative
- Knowledge and research in social media/ marketing/PR preferred.
- Created content would be used for publishing electronically and/or print.
- Previous newsletter publication experience is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Adobe Acrobat, CiviCRM and Google docs --preferred
- Pledge a six-month minimum of sustained volunteering
- Passion for grassroots organizing and impacting adults living with arthritis
Our newsletter is emailed and posted on our website on a quarterly basis.
The goals are to inform and engage community members, organizations, businesses, donors, volunteers and the general public at large and to create awareness about our programs and services, our progress in creating support groups across the country, and build our audiences by engaging them in conversation, creating viral worthy content/pictures/stories lines, etc. We are open to working with college and university students looking to build their resume and experience for the work field after graduation.
Requirements: Volunteers must have previous writing experience ideally with a marketing and communications background and be at least 18 years of age.
Time Commitment: We ask that volunteers commit to at least 5-10 hours/week for a period of three months or longer.
These positions are voluntary and can be done virtually. This is an opportunity to truly make a difference in our community. Leadership growth is encouraged.
If you are interested, please complete an APPLICATION.