Join the Arthritis Support Network team which is dedicated to improving the lives of adults living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases through personalized help & support
Do you enjoy storytelling and generating public interest? We are looking for creative, responsible, and outstanding volunteers to write for our E-Newsletter, website and possibly help with social media (Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn).
- Newsletter writers will write articles on topics related to our community issues or events and local Arthritis Introspective activities and volunteer profiles. Topics may be suggested by our board members or by volunteers.
- Your role will be to generate compelling and interesting content (articles, blogs, social media posts) through research and interviews.
- Ideally you would also curate new content for our website and social media on a weekly basis.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Community Support Networks
- Newsletter editor would be responsible for formatting and publishing of the e-newsletter.
Qualifications may include:
- Must have experience in marketing, design and technology.
- Excellent communication/writing skills and strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, able to use independent judgment and take initiative
- Knowledge and research in social media/ marketing/PR preferred.
- Created content would be used for publishing electronically and/or print.
- Previous newsletter publication experience is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Adobe Acrobat, CiviCRM and Google docs --preferred
- Pledge a six-month minimum of sustained volunteering
- Passion for grassroots organizing and impacting adults living with arthritis
The goals are to inform and engage community members, organizations, businesses, donors, volunteers and the general public at large and to create awareness about our programs and services, our progress in creating support groups across the country, and build our audiences by engaging them in conversation, creating viral worthy content/pictures/stories lines, etc. We are open to working with college and university students looking to build their resume and experience for the work field after graduation.
Requirements: Volunteers must have previous writing experience ideally with a marketing and communications background and be at least 18 years of age.
Time Commitment: We ask that volunteers commit to at least 5-10 hours/week for a period of three months or longer.
These positions are voluntary and can be done virtually. This is an opportunity to truly make a difference in our community. Leadership growth is encouraged.
ABOUT ARTHRITIS SUPPORT NETWORK: Arthritis Introspective merged with the Arthritis Foundation in 2016 to provide in personalzied help and support to adults living with arthritis & rheumatic diseases and are expanding our efforts in in person arthritis support networks across the US.
Goal: Our goal is to improve the lives of adults living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases through connection, education and empowerment.
Vision: To ensure that people with any form of arthritis and rheumatic disease are empowered to not just survive with arthritis but thrive!
- To foster Support Groups for adults living with arthritis to help them overcome the physical and psychological challenges of severe chronic illness.
- To host the Gathering Conference, a three-day conference focused on wellness, education, and empowerment for people and their loved ones from around the country.
- To provide outreach via our website, www.arthritisintrospective.org, social media presences and Inspire Online Community.
Interns will provide substantial contributions to our organization’s growth and be truly integrated members of our team. We are looking for people who are flexible, proactive, responsible, and passionate.
If you are interested, please complete the VOLUNTEER / INTERN APPLICATION.